Windows is an operating system platform, and Windows 10 has been the smoothest and fastest top of the line OS by Microsoft. The majority of the PC users are using Windows 10, which is an excellent version to work with. There were many reports by users that they face issues with the windows 10 updates and have slow download speed.
How can you Increase Download Speed in Windows 10
You should first confirm that the issue is not related to your Internet Service provider. After that, there are some helpful guidelines that you can follow to increase download speed on your window. In this discussion, we are going to explain how to overcome slow download speed in windows 10. Continue reading to know more.
Method 1- Enable the Limit of Reservable Bandwidth
Windows 10 operation system uses about most of the bandwidth from your system, leaving only 20% of it behind for internal use, due to which you do not get the entire speed of Internet connection. So a question is raised that how you would increase your download speed on windows. You can try our method by following the steps mentioned below.
- First, open the Run dialogue box, and then hold the Windows icon key+ R together.
- Then you can enter “gpedit” in the command box, and press enter key
- A group policy editor will open in a window that is a very powerful service.
- Then, you need to follow the instructions as:
Computer Configuration then go to Administrative Templates > Network > QoS Packet Scheduler
- Then, you have to search Limit reservable bandwidth by double-clicking on this option and select the option to edit.
- Then, you can see three options as Enabled, Disabled, and Non-Configured. Checkmark the Enabled option, and then you can set the value of Bandwidth Limit from 80% to 0%. And click on, OK.
Method 2: Clear the DNS Cache
Whenever you open the browser on your system to use the internet, it makes some DNS resolutions that are saved for the computer to keep track of them. Caching out these resolutions improves the load time of any page, as your computer doesn’t have to request another computer for the address of the page.
For basics, your computer should update the DNS every 24 hours and remove all the bad entries automatically from it. You can also flush these DNS cache by yourself manually. Follow these steps
- Open the “Windows Command Prompt”
- Then type “ipconfig/flushdns” in the command prompt
- Press the enter key
Method 3: Empty the TEMP folder
With an overpopulated Temp folder, it may reduce your browsing speed with time. You can get this solved too by following these steps.
- Press the Windows + R key from keyboard to open the Run Command box
- The Run dialogue box will appear, and then type %Temp% and press the enter key from the keyboard
- Right-click on any selection and then select Delete
Method 4: Change the DNS Server
The DNS server address determines the internet speed of your system, which means that any changes made to your DNS server address will be directly related and linked to the speed of the internet.
You can also increase the speed of downloads in Windows 10 by making some changes in the DNS server. Continue with these steps:
- Go to control panel and then open the Network and Sharing Center.
- On the left, click on the Change adapter settings button and open to see all of the active connections.
- Then select any one of them. A pop-up window will open.
- Go to Properties and click on it to open this option.
- A list with a lot of checkboxes will open.
- You need to locate the one with an Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4).
- It will open another prompt box where you will be able to see the options such as “Use following DNS server addresses” and then Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- Under this option, you can manually enter the following code: 18.104.22.168 in the Preferred DNS Server option and also 22.214.171.124 in the Alternate DNS Server option.
You can get the load of possibly downloading and installing a virus from the internet on your system out of the way once and forever. Due to that, you can also forget about cloud storage subscriptions. In order to overcome all of these problems, you can download a third-party app to look after your problems and solve them.
In this discussion, we discussed how to increase the download speed in windows 10 operating systems. We also discussed how we could use the alternative tips and solutions to solve our problem. We discussed everything that is related to increasing the speed of internet download in Windows 10. The data mentioned here is relevant and authentic; we hope this info is useful to you, and if there are any questions, you can leave a comment below.
Why is my PC so slow while downloading?
If you have a poor internet connectivity, then most probably, your download speed will suffer, which means that your pc may also get slow due to load on the internet-connected to the system. One of the common causes of Slow download is a poor Internet connection. In case if you are using a dial-up or a poor quality broadband connection, then you will experience slow download speed.
Is window 10 limited my internet speed?
Windows 10 could be possibly slowing and limit your internet speed, and you can change it. Microsoft has a feature that can improve the performance of the programs that send TCP data via a network. Click o the Windows key and then type cmd.exe, after that, hold down Shift and Ctrl keys, and then press enter. Confirm the UAC prompt that opens.