All iPhone and Mac users are set up iMessage service to our Mac device using our same Apple ID. After the process, We know that all previous iMessage is Sync with the Mac iMessage feature. But in some scenarios, when this process begins, an error occurred stating iMessage not syncing on Mac or iMessage isn’t updating on similar Mac issues relevant to this problem. We also try to refresh iMessage on our Mac device. When it does not solve the problem, we think about other ways to fix this problem.
Below you will read how you can make iMessage to sync with Mac. When you have your messages in iCloud enabled on your devices, your messages are kept up to date on each of the devices, as well as when you delete a message from one device; the message will be removed from all the devices.
However, specifically on Mac devices, because of them being offline or shut down more often than iPads and iPhones, there might be some issues with iMessages to sync with Mac devices. If you are facing the same problem, then you can force it to sync manually. Below, we are going to collate a list of some methods that can help you to fix the iMessage sync problem with Mac.
How to fix iMessage is not syncing with Mac?
Below are some methods that can help you to fix iMessage syncing problem with Mac;
Turning off the iMessage and turning it on again
The very first and the easiest way to fix the syncing problem of iMessages on Mac is to turn it off and then on. This method works in most cases, and you should perform this method as your first step when you are facing the syncing problem of iMessage with Mac. To do this process below are some easy steps;
From your iPhone device
- Navigate to the Settings menu
- Then go to the Messages option.
- You should see a toggle switch for iMessage
- Turn it off
- Wait about 20 to 30 seconds, and then turn it on again.
On your Mac device
- Launch the Message app
- Click on the Preferences option.
- Click on the Choose Accounts option.
- Click on Sign out
- Wait about 10 to 20 seconds and then sign back in.
After this process is completed, turn on the iMessage feature on both iPhone and Mac devices to check whether the iMessage is syncing or not.
Checking iMessage email and contact settings on iPhone
. If the above-stated way is not working and the problem remains, then another way to solve the iMessage sync problem is to check iMessage settings on iPhone.
iMessage enables you to select what phone number and email addresses can be used to reach out to you. This setting is defined in the messages option on both Mac and iPhone devices. You have to make sure that the contact number and email address is the same on both the iOS and Mac devices. To check this, you need to follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Settings option from your iPhone
- Select Send and Receive option
- Ensure that the phone number and email address box are checked under “You can be reached by iMessage at” option.
Checking iMessage Setting on Mac
You are also required to check the contact and email settings on your Mac device to make sure that the same settings are used on your Mac devices as on your iOS device. To do this, you can follow these straightforward steps;
- Launch the messaging app from your Mac device
- Click on the Messages at the top menu
- Click on the Preferences option
- Click on Accounts
- Ensure that the phone number and the Apple ID is matching to your iPhone settings.
Confirm mobile number through Apple ID
To confirm your mobile number through Apple ID, you have to follow these simple instructions;
- Open a web browser from your device
- Type applied.apple. com is the web browser’s address bar and hit the Enter key
- Sign in using your Apple ID credentials
- Under the Account option, ensure that you are reachable at the correct phone number and email addresses.
Sign in with the same Apple ID
Ensure that you are signed in with the same Apple ID on your Mac device as you used on your iPhone. To do this, you can follow these straightforward steps;
- Launch the Message app
- Go to the Preferences option
- Click the Accounts option
- Click on Enable this account option
- Choose the email address you have registered with the Apple ID
Forcing iMessage to sync with Mac
If the iMessage is still not syncing with your Mac device, then you can force it to sync. To do this, you have to follow these steps;
- Open the Message tab from your device
- Then click on the Preferences option
- You will be prompted to a new window where you should see the iMessage tab.
- Click on the iMessage tab and back to the main window of the Messages option, and you should see the option of Sync Now.
- Click on it
Sending a message from the device that isn’t receiving messages
Sometimes just one of the devices between iMessage and Mac is creating the issue to not receiving the messages on time. In this case, you can try sending a message from the device that is straggling behind. Doing this will almost often trigger all the other messages that had not synced with the device to start coming in. It may seem like an unconventional method to do but it works more often.
For instance, if your iPhone device is receiving the messages on time and your Mac device isn’t, try sending a message from your Mac device. We have done this method and seen the Mac start to receive all the other messages that hadn’t synced before.
That is all about how to resolve the problem of iMessage not syncing on the Mac device. The above-stated methods can also be used to resolve the messages sync issues, such as iMessage not working on Mac, iMessage is not updating on Mac, and more. If you have any advice or suggestion on how to resolve iMessage not syncing on Mac, you can share it below in the comment section so that we can add it to our list of how to solve iMessage syncing problem with Mac.
Below are some most asked questions by multiple users;
Q: How to know if I’m blocked or not on iMessage?
Ans: You can quickly check whether you are blocked or not on iMessage. If your sent message never displays a Delivered or Read the sign, and it is blue, then you may have been blocked, but not always. If the iMessage went through and displays a Read receipt sing, then it means you aren’t blocked.