In case that you need not bother with all the features that Microsoft Word offers, it very well may be difficult to legitimize other options through on that cost, particularly in an independent atmosphere condition where you simply need a word processor.
Best Microsoft Word Alternatives
Try not to pay for what you won’t use. Try using any of the free Microsoft Word alternatives. Here’s a great deal to be required in a basic word processor that Microsoft Word doesn’t deliver because of its basic nature.
So we have selected the best Microsoft word alternatives for you. Take a look at our best picks.
1. Dropbox Paper
Dropbox Paper is a free online word processor offered by the online distributed storage supplier. To begin utilizing it, you will require a Dropbox account. Once signed in, you get full access to the online suite.
The moderate interface is extremely instinctive, and its simplicity permits you to concentrate on your content. You can also do various things that go past making a printed archive.
- You can include rich media, for example, sound, video, and pictures.
- Dropbox Paper likewise permits you to get to applications that let you insert Trello cards, Youtube recordings, or SlideShare decks.
- Other community highlights incorporate record interface sharing, making and allocating tasks and things to individuals, or installing one of your Dropbox reports.
- Dropbox Paper, generally, works admirably at making dynamic archives you can share and access on the web.
Etherpad is an online word proofreader essentially proposed for community editing in, as the website claims, “extremely ongoing”. It’s an open-source, adaptable tool for online archive coordinated effort with teammates, individual students, and cohorts, or partners at work.
One of its points of interest is, particularly engaging the clients who are hesitant to utilize administrations, which require email registration, is that there is no sign up with Etherpad. You should simply begin another cushion and offer the link to it with your teammates.
- You can likewise invite them by email in case that you like. From that point onward, you can begin taking a shot at the arranged composing tool together, progressively, regardless of whether you are separated by a huge distance.
3. Google Docs
Google Docs, which is effectively the most mainstream Microsoft Word alternative on this list, is allowed to everybody with a Google account. If you need the fundamental highlights of Microsoft Word, you don’t have to look any farther than Google Docs. It does all your essential word handling needs, and it is incorporated with Google Drive and different items.
Since everything is saved in Google’s cloud, you don’t have to stress over losing your work. Docs autosaves after each and every keystroke.
- Google Docs additionally underpins Microsoft Word’s .doc and .docx designs, so you shouldn’t have any issues bringing in and editing those.
- Probably the best component for business clients is a continuous joint effort. In case that you share an archive with another Google client, both of you can be in the report simultaneously.
- See the other client’s cursor position, watch what they’re composing, and talk to one another too.
- It’s an extraordinary cooperation device that stands apart, among other Microsoft word alternative
- Advance clients may discover the features lacking, but it truly is a stripped-down word processor.
4. Apache OpenOffice Writer
In case you search Microsoft Word in view of the development of the lace, at that point Apache’s OpenOffice Writer is the alternative you need. It has an exemplary interface that, while it can look somewhat jumbled, imitates the menus that Microsoft left a long time ago when Office was released.
It will feel natural to Office 2003 clients, with the additional advantage of getting updates and security patches, which is significant for a business programming suite. OpenOffice Writer has its own record position, yet it additionally supports .doc and .docx documents, and it works admirably of keeping up forms when bringing in those sorts of records.
- A large number of the advanced highlights of Microsoft Word are remembered for OpenOffice Writer too, so editing complex Word reports won’t be an issue.
- In case coordinated online effort or local cloud support is a selling point, at that point, you might need to pass on OpenOffice Writer since it incorporates not one or the other.
- It is conceivable to store records in a cloud drive and access them utilizing OpenOffice, but you’ll have to have the work area customer of Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or Apple iCloud introduced so you can open your distributed storage like a neighborhood PC envelope.
5. LibreOffice Writer
LibreOffice Writer, similar to OpenOffice, is a totally free and open-source item that offers word handling, support for .doc and .docx document configurations, and all the instruments the normal Microsoft Word client will require in a word processor. So that makes it a good Microsoft word alternative.
LibreOffice Writer Interface style, document group support, absence of cloud joining and constant, coordinated effort, and general word preparing highlights is its power. It is a strong decision for those searching for a free Microsoft Word alternative, and choosing one over the other to a great extent comes down to inclination.
- One part of LibreOffice sticks out, and it isn’t what’s in the application, it’s the network-driven nature of the platform.
- Teaming up with clients and engineers to improve the item is upfront on LibreOffice’s site, and that center has developed LibreOffice into a flourishing network of clients and coders that continue improving it.
6. Microsoft Office Word Online
Like Google Docs, Microsoft Word Online is an improved, cloud-based variant of Word. It comes up short on a ton of the advanced highlights of a privately installed variant of Word, yet for clients who need a free form of Word, this is as close as you can get.
Likenesses between Google Docs and Word Online are available right down to the interface, yet with a couple of changes to cause it to feel like the Microsoft word rather than the drop-down menus Google Docs clients are utilized to.
- Reports made in Word Online are saved in Microsoft OneDrive, and ongoing joint effort highlights like those in Google Docs are accessible also.
- One major, in addition to in Word Online’s greatness, is forming: If you make an archive in Word Online and afterward import it to a nearby form of Microsoft Word, it will hold the organizing route better than if it’s made in Google Docs. So it’s a great Microsoft word alternative.
7. WPS Office Writer
In case that you need a word processor that is similarly as highlight stuffed as Word, you would prefer not to pay a top-notch price, look at WPS Office Writer. TechRepublic sister site CNET has been praising it excitedly for some time, and all things considered: It is a full-highlighted application suite that feels premium.
WPS Office Writer does the greater part of things from Microsoft Word, and it incorporates local cloud backing to make putting away reports online click; not to forget, it needs ongoing joint effort. Take a look at any survey of WPS Office Writer, and you’ll discover articles that verify how much it resembles MS Word.
- With its incorporation of a bigger number of highlights than other free suites like OpenOffice, this may be the one to go for as Microsoft word alternative, particularly considering you don’t need to pay for it.
- With anything free and top-notch, there’s a trick, and you may have the option to think about what it is in our cutting edge time of “freemium” applications: Ads. Try not to let that stop you from attempting WPS Writer.
- Advertisements possibly show up when you need to utilize selected highlights like printing or trading to PDF. If you have to do a unique little something, you’ll need to watch an about 10-second advertisement, which opens the element for 30 minutes.
- In case that you like what WPS Writer brings to the table, you can pick to remove promotions by paying a yearly membership expense of $29.99, or you can surrender $79.99 for a lifetime permit. Either choice is modest contrasted with any other tool membership.
8. Zoho Writer
Zoho offers around 20 free online applications, including the Writer for word preparation. You can connect your Zoho account to your Google and Yahoo accounts, too. The Writer’s interface shouldn’t mess anybody up as it is easily natural.
When working on the web, there’s consistently the danger of losing information because of a lost system association, incidentally shutting your program, or having your program crash. Fortunately, Zoho consequently saves your archives for you, as you get done with composing.
Zoho Writer is well-furnished with highlights that permit you to work effectively on the web: two-way work area sync, huge document move, encryption, record recuperation, two-advance verification, in-application talk, and much more.
- You can import and work with MS Word records, permitting you to add pictures and alter content changing.
- Zoho Writer offers all the standard content designing, and record creation includes and can fare to DOCX, ODF, PDF, Latex, RTF, TXT, and even HTML.
- It can plug into Echosign for advanced marks, distribute the record to a blog, or make it open for all to view.
- Zoho Docs is totally allowed to utilize. So it is a good Microsoft word alternative.
AbiWord is a free word handling application fundamentally the same as Microsoft Word. It is accessible for Linux users as well. The product is completely good with Microsoft Word, yet in addition, OpenOffice.org, Word Perfect, Rich Text Format, and more.
It has advanced record design capacities and can do mail converge too, which permits you to naturally fill in explicit structure fields in reports with data from databases and comma-separated or selected content documents.
- It is an exceptionally valuable element in case that you have to work with numerous forms at the workplace.
- Furthermore, the product can be improved and extended with accessible modules that will give you considerably more highlights and capacities.
Jarte depends on Microsoft WordPad Engine. There is a paid version of the product that includes some additional usefulness, however, the free form is more than sufficient and completely perfect with Word and WordPad records.
Highlights incorporate a selected interface, little tool necessities, compactness, support for touchscreens, and fast stacking time. It also has built-in spell checking and can share to HTML and PDF formats.
- Jarte permits you to embed pictures, tables, hyperlinks, and everything else that you have generally expected from Word.
- Jarte contains no promotions, times for testing, or sensitive highlights and is financed through client acquisition of the Jarte Plus variant.
11. SoftMaker FreeOffice
SoftMaker FreeOffice is another extraordinary free suite that offers a full-highlighted Microsoft Word alternative. The suite’s TextMaker application permits you to concentrate on making records similarly as you would in MS Word.
This suite presents basic altering highlights and even a bunch of essential layouts for making and editing archives. Tables, outlines, shapes, and illustrations are accessible alongside standard content organizing alternatives.
- This application gives you all that you need. The whole suite is accessible for Windows, Linux, and Android, so you can keep your record handling undertakings going even while away from your work area.
In this discussion, we discussed the best Microsoft word alternatives that can be used instead. All these alternatives have their own features and options to interest the user. The data added here is relevant and authentic; we hope this info is useful to you, and if there are any questions, you can leave a comment below.
How might I introduce Microsoft Word for free?
To get the application, head to the Microsoft Store and search for Word Mobile. Something else, click the connection beneath to open it in a program tab, and afterward, the Download catch to open it in Microsoft Store on your Windows PC. Continue to download it like any application.