TeamViewer is the most popular remote management solution. However, if you are looking for alternatives to TeamViewer regardless of what the reason is, keep on reading the post.
Whenever we think about remote desktop connectivity, the very first thing that crosses our minds is TeamViewer. It is a remote desktop tool that is used to access multiple workstations remotely. If you are a person who often works from home or the one who is on vacation, but you are required to work as well from a remote location, then the chances are you already know how it works.
Moreover, it also allows you to drag and drop files and folders from remote connections or vice versa. It enjoyed the benefit of being the only remote management solution for quite a long time, and it is still very popular.
Fortunately, we talk about TeamViewer alternatives; there are plenty of them. But the question arises, why TeamViewer alternatives? Well, it is important to know why one wants to switch over to a different remote management solution from TeamViewer.
Well, there are multiple reasons why you should look for TeamViewer alternatives. One and the biggest of them all is its hefty price tags for commercial use. If you are using it for individual purposes, it is a great deal, but if you want to use it for corporate use, you have to shell out some money, which the majority of users don’t want to.
The second reason why you should try to find TeamViewer alternates is its proxy restrictions. It means if you are working on a project remotely and require to use the proxy, it will not allow you to do that.
The third reason why you should need to switch over to another remote management solution is TeamViewer has some restrictions for file transfers as well. If you are trying to transfer a large file, you might not be able to do that.
Though there are various other reasons why you should switch over, it still remains a primary choice of the majority of consumers who are using it for personal use. So, now let’s take a look at some of the best TeamViewer alternatives that you should try if you need a remote management solution for commercial use.
5 Best TeamViewer alternatives
1- AnyDesk – Alternatives to TeamViewer
Free – Premium Plan ($11 per month)
One of the greatest and most furious alternatives to TeamViewer is AnyDesk. Similar to TeamViewer, it enables you to access a remote network remotely regardless of whether the system you want to access is located in your neighborhood or any other place in the world.
AnyDesk makes sure that you can connect to a network reliably regardless of whether you are an IT geek or an individual who is on the move. The thing that makes it superior to TeamViewer is its superfast speed. However, there is also a disadvantage while using AnyDesk since it has some limitations for accessing a network.
AnyDesk utilizes both bandwidth and band-with rates accurately to give you a reliable and stable connection while also achieving high performance. Below are some of its pros and cons that you should consider before switching over from TeamViewer.
What did we like?
- A superfast and minimal user interface.
- It can also be used to connect to mobile phones through its mobile app.
- You can turn on its full-screen mode.
- It also offers network customizations.
- It can be used for free for personal use.
What didn’t we like?
- It might be stuck while copying and pasting files.
- It has session limits, and once it hits the limit, it will disconnect, and you have to reconnect it again.
- Your entire screen will be visible to the person you are connected with.
2- Zoho Assist – Alternatives to TeamViewer
No free version – Premium Plan ($8 per month)
If you are running a company and need a superfast and reliable remote management solution, here it is. Zoho Assist is another best alternative to TeamViewer, which is a perfect option for more advance and business users.
It is equipped with an aesthetically beautiful user interface and has all the handy features that you can expect from a paid TeamViewer alternative. The main reason that makes it stand out from the crowd is it is powered through a cloud setup, which means you don’t have to install anything on your system to establish a remote management solution.
Unlike the majority of other remote management tools, it doesn’t offer any free plan regardless of whether you want it for individual purposes or business purposes. However, it offers a 15-days free trial that users can use to test it to determine whether it fits their requirements or not before paying to own it.
Here are some of its major pros and cons that you should consider before migrating from TeamViewer (if you are using it).
What did I like?
- It is easy to establish a remote management tool with some incredible features.
- It lets you do various remote tasks while connected to a network remotely, such as voice calls, text, file exchanging, and even video calling.
- You will have access to multiple quick options, such as sleep, restart, shutdown, etc.
- It also supports unattended access from the client’s end.
- You will also be able to access past and session history to access a network instantly.
- You can also add networks to favorites so that you can access them whenever you need them.
What didn’t I like?
- It doesn’t have any free version except its 15-days free trial.
- You might confront with a tedious setup.
3- LogMeIn – Alternatives to TeamViewer
No free version – Premium versions ($30, $70, $129) depending on what plan you opt for
If you want a powerful and most effective remote management solution, you shouldn’t mind paying for it. LogMeIn is yet another one of the best alternatives to TeamViewer that you should try if you don’t like TeamViewer for any reason.
It is a cloud-based remote management tool that is equipped with some powerful, useful features. In addition to its extremely fast connectivity and efficiency, it offers top-quality services that you can expect from a paid remote management tool. The major solutions that it offers include LogMeIn Central, LogMeIn Pro, and LogMeIn Rescue.
The functionality that enables it to stand out from the crowd is its ability to display multiple display screens at once. It means you can remotely work and see presentations from multiple remote screens at a time in a 1:1 ratio. For businesses that are concerned about their sensitive data security is makes sure no data leakage since it has a password management feature.
You can use the feature to get access to LastPass to store all the accounts in its password vault to make sure they are safe and inaccessible from any unauthorized person. Here are some of its major pros and cons that you must consider deciding whether it is a perfect fit for your business.
What did we like?
- It allows you to store files since it has up to 1 TB of storage space.
- You can take the print outs of important documents that are located at a remote system from a local printer.
- It makes sure the security of your data since it utilizes AES 256-bit encryption and TLS 1.2 security measurements.
- It also protects your privacy since it is equipped with BitDefender antivirus.
- It also has Endpoint Infrastructure Management.
What didn’t I like?
- It doesn’t offer any free version.
- Price tags are quite high.
4- Ammyy Admin – Alternatives to TeamViewer
Free version – One-time payment paid plans ($34, $67)
Ammyy Admin is another best alternative to TeamViewer, and what makes it superior to TeamViewer is you don’t have to configure it by any means. Moreover, unlike the majority of remote management tools, it doesn’t force you to go through the installation process of any other tool in order to use it.
Using the Ammyy Admin, you will be able to access any remote desktop at any time regardless of where it is located. Just like TeamViewer, it has a free plan that you can use for personal purposes. However, if you want to use it for corporate and commercial purposes, you will be required to opt from its two paid plan that includes a Starter V3 Plan and Premium V3 Plan. No matter what version you opt for, you just need to pay it for only one time.
Ammyy Admin is arguably the best and superfast remote management tool that you can run on your desktop. Before opting for any of its paid plans, here are the pros and cons that you must consider;
What did I like?
- You don’t have to install it to use it on your desktop.
- It also integrates with HTTPs proxy and works seamlessly.
- You will be able to access servers and network systems remotely whenever you want.
- It is equipped with an in-build file manager that you can use to transfer files in high quality remotely.
- You can also collaborate on combined projects that you are working on since it also has a voice chat option.
- Work seamlessly on Windows operating system devices.
What didn’t I like?
- It doesn’t have a full-screen mode.
- It doesn’t have advanced security features.
- You might suffer if you want to reach out to its support team to get assistance regarding Ammyy Admin since it has very poor customer support.
5- Splashtop Remote Access – Alternatives to TeamViewer
Free version – Paid Plans ($5, $8.25, $5.54) per month
For individuals who are cost-efficient and searching for a flexible remote desktop management tool, look no further than Splashtop. Splashtop offers both free and premium plans to its users. It integrates with major operating systems that include Windows, Linux, and macOS seamlessly.
Moreover, if you want to run it on your Android or iOS device, you will find it a great option too. The functionality that enables it to stand out from the crowd is its multiple layers of security to protect your data and privacy. People who often work on combined projects with their team and require to collaborate on their projects, it allows them to make video and audio calls.
What makes it so special is its ability to access a remote system through your Android or iOS smartphone remotely, even when you are on the move. It is a great deal for individuals who want to use it for personal purposes since it is free. However, if you want to have it for commercial use, you will be required to purchase its paid plan. The only downside that I found with Splashtop is its complicated installation process. Other than that, it is a great alternative to TeamViewer that you should consider.
Some of its major pros and cons are given below;
What did I like?
- It is super-fast, reliable, and offers high-quality remote connectivity.
- It ensures that all the connections are secured with its device authentication and second-level passwords. It utilizes AES 256-bit and TLS security protocols.
- What makes it a best TeamViewer alternative is its easy switch over from other remote desktop solutions.
- It has impressive customer support.
What didn’t I like?
- You might confront lagging, although it happens rarely.
- It doesn’t have much appealing user interface.
- If you are using it on the iOS device and your native language is Italian or French, it is not for you since it doesn’t support both of these languages.
So, there you have it – 5 popular and best alternatives to TeamViewer. All of these have their own strengths and weaknesses. Some of them can be used for free while others require you to pay. However, we have listed their pros and cons that you must consider before picking one of them.
Q: What is the best free remote desktop solution other than TeamViewer?
Ans: If you are sick to TeamViewer and looking for a free remote desktop solution for personal use, we highly recommend Splashtop, Any Desk, and Ammyy Admin.